The offer letter is a crucial feature that marks the final stage of the selection process. It automates the delivery of the hiring offer to the selected candidate, streamlining the acceptance and formalization of the hiring proposal. With this feature, it becomes easier to manage multiple offers and even create an approval flow before sending them out. Overall, the offer letter functionality can simplify the recruitment process and improve the candidate experience.
In this article, we will provide a comprehensive guide on how to configure the offer letter feature in Plooral, a powerful tool that can significantly boost your company's recruitment efforts by facilitating the hiring process. We will also discuss how this functionality can help your organization attract and retain the top talents in the market. Whether you are an HR professional or a hiring manager, this guide will equip you with the necessary knowledge and skills to leverage Plooral's offer letter feature to its fullest potential.
This article covers the following topics:
- Why use the offer letter in my process?
- Setting up your Offer Letter Template in Plooral
- Offer Letter Approval Flow
- Sending the Offer Letter to the Candidate
Why use the offer letter in my process?
The offer letter is an essential feature that can greatly benefit companies looking to simplify the hiring process and deliver a positive candidate experience from the outset. Here are some of the key benefits that offer letters can provide in the recruitment and selection process:
- Formalization of the proposal: The offer letter formalizes the hiring proposal and makes the salary offer, benefits, responsibilities, and deadlines clearer, thus avoiding possible misunderstandings between the company and the candidate.
- Speed in the hiring process: With the offer letter, the company can formalize the hiring proposal quickly and efficiently, accelerating the hiring process and reducing the candidate's waiting time.
- Increased transparency: The offer letter increases the transparency of the hiring process, demonstrating to the candidate that the company is committed to following labor laws and offering a fair and transparent work environment.
- Greater legal security: The offer letter serves as a legal document that formalizes the job offer and can be used as evidence in the event of labor disputes.
Now that we know a little more about the offer letter, let's learn how we can use this feature in Plooral!
Setting up your Offer Letter Template in Plooral
To set up your offer letter template, the first step is to create a customized proposal in a text editor and save it in .docx format. The letter can be personalized according to your company's visual identity, using logos and texts that reflect your brand. Use your imagination and create a unique and attractive proposal for your candidates.
In this article, we provide a detailed guide on how to create a customized offer letter template for your candidates. It is essential to follow each step carefully to ensure that your letter is suitable. Once you have completed the configuration of the template, you can return to this article to learn how to send the offer letter through Plooral.
After creating the offer letter template in the .docx format, the next step is to add it to Plooral so that you can select it when sending the proposal to the candidate.
- To access the offer letter feature on Plooral, navigate to the "Settings" tab within the recruitment and selection environment, then click on the "Offer Letter" option.
- Click on 'New Offer Letter Template' in the upper right corner.
- Choose a name that identifies your model. You can save an unlimited number of models to choose from when sending the offer. Therefore, it is important to select a name that easily identifies what it is for.
- After that, choose the email text that will accompany the offer letter. Use dynamic tags to pull candidate information, and if desired, save a message template to facilitate this process.
- The next step is to include the job offer letter template, which is required to be in .docx format. If you don't have a text editor that supports saving in this format, you can utilize software to convert it accordingly.
|Have you not yet created the job offer letter template, or do you need guidance on how to do it? Click here to learn the step-by-step process. It is crucial to have the template prepared before proceeding with the customization of the job offer letter.|
- To confirm that the template has been processed correctly by the system, you can verify the list of fields identified after uploading the document. This will allow you to ensure that the system has accurately recognized and detected the fields within the template.
The fields that will automatically retrieve information from the candidate's profile are designated as "Automatic filling" These fields will be populated with the relevant candidate details, ensuring accurate and personalized information in the offer letter. On the other hand, the remaining fields in the offer letter are dynamic and require manual input at the time of sending the proposal. This allows you to tailor the offer letter further and include specific information or details that are not automatically populated.
Only administrators have the ability to manage offer letter templates. However, it is possible to establish restrictions to ensure that the offer letter template is only available to recruiters when it is specifically relevant to a certain department, job type, or specific label.
For example, let's say you are adding a specific offer letter template for the legal team, with predefined activities. To prevent other teams from accessing this letter as an option, you can configure it to appear only when a job is created in the 'legal' category or is associated with the legal department.
By implementing these restrictions, you can ensure that the appropriate offer letter templates are presented to recruiters based on specific criteria, promoting efficiency and alignment within your hiring process.
Furthermore, you have the option to link the offer letter template to a label, which allows you to further restrict access based on specific criteria such as recruiter, business unit, location, or other predefined categories. This enables you to customize the availability of the template based on your specific requirements and organizational structure.
Offer Letter Approval Flow
In the system, it is required to create every offer using a designated offer letter template, which can only be managed by administrators. To ensure a seamless offer process within the system, you have the option to incorporate an offer approval feature into the template. This allows recruiters to create offers that require review and approval before they are sent to the candidate.
The offer approval process is designed to be more streamlined compared to the job approval workflow. Each template can be assigned specific individuals who are responsible for approving offers in a predetermined sequence, regardless of who initiated the offer creation. Once the final approver gives their endorsement, the offer will be automatically sent to the candidate via email.
By implementing the offer approval feature, you can ensure that offers undergo a thorough review process and are only extended to candidates after they have been officially approved. This helps maintain consistency, compliance, and accuracy in the offer process while providing a seamless experience for recruiters and candidates alike.
- In the template editing screen, the numbers assigned to users indicate the approval sequence, where "1" represents the first approver and the highest number represents the final approver.
An administrator has the ability to break the sequential approval process by directly approving any offer that is pending approval.
|IMPORTANT: If you make any changes to the order or individuals involved in the approval workflow while there is an offer letter pending approval, it may result in a process deadlock. In such cases, an administrator will need to approve or reject the offer directly from the report screen.|
When a offer letter is sent with an active approval workflow, the individuals involved in the workflow will receive an email notification indicating when it is their turn to approve the offer. This helps ensure that the approval process is seamless and efficient. Furthermore, you can easily track all pending offer letters on the "Summary" page, providing you with an overview of the status of each letter and allowing you to stay organized throughout the process.
After completing the configuration of the offer letter template, don't forget to save it. Saving the template is crucial as it ensures that all your customizations and settings are preserved. Once saved, you can confidently use the template whenever you need to send an offer letter, making the process faster and more efficient.
Sending the Offer Letter to the Candidate
Now that we've seen how to create the offer letter template, it's important to understand how it is sent to the candidate and how they receive the proposal.
- Go to the profile of the selected candidate to send the offer;
- Click on 'Send Offer'.
- Choose the template you wish to use. Please keep in mind that if a previously created template does not appear here, it may have certain restrictions. Click here to learn more about the restrictions associated with templates.
- In the next field, you will specify the employee's compensation. Please select the payment frequency in the 'Type' section, choose the currency for the payment, and enter the agreed total amount.
- The following fields will only be displayed if you have included custom fields in the offer. These fields are added to the offer letter template, allowing you to input specific information about the candidate. If you need guidance on how to use the offer fields, click here to learn more.
It's important to remember that these fields can be customized! You have the freedom to choose the title and determine where the corresponding information will be displayed in the offer letter.
- After filling in the fields, you can preview the offer letter before sending it to the candidate. Clicking 'Save' will send the letter to the candidate, provided there is no approval flow in place.
- In the candidate's profile, you can track the status of the offer. By clicking on 'View Offer', you will see the records related to the offer, allowing you to monitor the entire process. You can also view the sent offer letter and have the option to resend or remove the offer at any time.
When the candidate receives the offer letter via email, they will have the opportunity to review the attached offer letter and make a decision. They can either accept the offer by following the provided instructions or decline the offer by providing a reason for their decision. If the candidate chooses to decline the offer, the provided reason will be sent to the recruiter via email, and it will be recorded in the offer history for future reference. This feedback allows the recruiter to make necessary adjustments or address any concerns raised by the candidate.
After the candidate accepts the offer, the status of the offer letter will be changed to "Accepted" in their profile, and the recruiters responsible for the position will receive a confirmation email stating that the offer has been accepted. From that point forward, it is important to proceed with the necessary steps for the candidate's onboarding, such as sending the employment contract and completing any other formalities.
When the candidate receives the offer letter, they will have a personalized proposal based on the previously created template. All the information entered by the recruiter will appear correctly in the designated fields of the template. Below is an example of how the created offer letter may look:
The offer letter plays a vital role in the hiring process as it ensures clarity and transparency regarding the position, salary, and benefits for the candidate. With Plooral's offer letter system, you can create customized templates and effortlessly manage the approval and sending process of the proposal.
If you have any additional questions or require further assistance, please feel free to contact our support team. We are always here to provide the help you need. 💙